• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Epson S Series Service - 0000200

Goatshaver

Shaving goats and eating bushes
Epson S Series Service - 0000200 This came up on my system this weekend and I looked it up and it's some kind of tube that needs to be changed out. However I am out of warranty and Epson said it would be $2800 for the service. I'm wondering if there are any independent tech in new england (Maine specifically) that work on these that I could use instead of going through the company that epson uses. (DecisionOne?)

RG

Hello, Goatshaver. Hope you have your printer problem fixed. If not, I have attached a PDF page from the s40600/s60600 service manual. The service manual says nothing about a tube. Looks like there are 2 solutions (assuming you know a paper jam when you see one): replace the CR scale and/or lubricate the CR shaft. I would lubricate the shafts to see if that helps. I have all of the pads, grease, and the tool for lubricating the s40600 printer. If you will pay for shipping, I'll send it to you. In the 3.5 years my printer was working, I lubricated the shafts once. Also, there are some pads that ride on the carriage that need to be oiled periodically. These pads help to keep oil on the shafts.

Attachments

• 00002000 error cause & remedy.pdf
    268.8 KB · Views: 10

Goatshaver

Shaving goats and eating bushes
Hello, Goatshaver. Hope you have your printer problem fixed. If not, I have attached a PDF page from the s40600/s60600 service manual. The service manual says nothing about a tube. Looks like there are 2 solutions (assuming you know a paper jam when you see one): replace the CR scale and/or lubricate the CR shaft. I would lubricate the shafts to see if that helps. I have all of the pads, grease, and the tool for lubricating the s40600 printer. If you will pay for shipping, I'll send it to you. In the 3.5 years my printer was working, I lubricated the shafts once. Also, there are some pads that ride on the carriage that need to be oiled periodically. These pads help to keep oil on the shafts.
That's code 2000 not 200. Epson confirmed it was a tube and not the encoder. I can print fine and no issues with print quality, if it was the encoder I'm sure I'd be seeing printing issues. I had found a thread with a listing of codes the other day but I cannot find it again.

Also I forgot a digit in my original post, code is 00000200

swordguy3222

I have this one at the moment, it's just a recommendation to change supply tubes, but if you open up the top covers and see no evidence of ink linking, just tell the machine when it prompts you that you are going to continue to use the part. If yo uhave the service program you can reset that counter so it stops coming up. For techs, most suppliers that sell Epson often have people trained. The closest one that I can see quickly would be Grimco. I know they service Epsons, just don't know where the closest tech is with them.