• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40600 Questions

SLShop

My Mimaki CJV 30 has served its time, and I'm looking for a new printer. I have two Epson sublimation printers that cause the least problems, so the S40600 has caught my eye. I mainly print stickers and posters, and not a lot—perhaps two 50-meter rolls per month—so this printer is sufficient for me. It's a bit wide; 100 cm would be enough for me. I have just a few questions about the Epson.

How does the waste ink tank work? Can I simply empty and reinsert it, or do I need to buy a new container? I couldn't quite figure this out from the manual. Also, does the printer lack a cutting unit to cut off the film? Is there anything else I should be aware of with this printer? Regular maintenance is clear to me; I know it from the Mimaki and it shouldn't be much different with the Epson.

Goatshaver

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know there is no white ink for the S40600. maybe the European market has a different version.
There is no built-in cutting. There is a slot just in front of the platen where you can run a knife across to cut your sheets. Maintenance is a breeze with it and it tells you when you need to do a do cleanings with the cleaning fluid or change consumables.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
How does the waste ink tank work? Can I simply empty and reinsert it, or do I need to buy a new container? I couldn't quite figure this out from the manual. Also, does the printer lack a cutting unit to cut off the film? Is there anything else I should be aware of with this printer? Regular maintenance is clear to me; I know it from the Mimaki and it shouldn't be much different with the Epson.
Yes, dump your waste ink tank down the drain (kidding, of course) then reinsert and reset the counter.

The printer does lack a sheet cut knife/feature. At first when I noticed that on our S60600 I was a bit taken aback but quickly learned to love using a knife to do it yourself. On our mimaki UCJV it takes no less than a minute for it to perform a sheet cut and find its bearings again. Takes 5 seconds to grab a knife and do it yourself on the Epson. It doesn't cut vinyl, it doesn't sheet cut, but it prints damn well. We just ran a roll of 60" wrap film this morning with solid dark blue coverage and not a hint of banding, dropout, etc. I'm extremely happy with ours and as far as I know the S40600 is just a single head version of it. Part of what I like is the speed (it's the fastest printer we have/have had) but the quality and ease of use/maintenance is also phenomenal.

SLShop

On the Epson website it says the printer weighs 279 kg
Can someone tell me how much the printer weighs approximately without the base, we are only 3 people here, can we do it with lifting?

SLShop

Thank you for your answers, they are helping me with my decision. One last question: I only have an 80 cm door, but according to Epson's specifications, the printer is 1 meter wide. Now I'm wondering if the part marked in the picture can be slid in, otherwise, I probably won't be able to get it through my door.

Attachments

• epson-s40600-angle.png
    epson-s40600-angle.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 8