• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80600 Print Settings for Sign Gold SOL-GOLD 1.0 mil 22K Extra Large Engine Turn Material

Intune

I have been having mediocre at best printing on Sign Gold SOL-GOLD 1.0 mil 22K Extra Large Engine Turn Material on a Epson S80600L Solvent printer, I was wondering if any one had any tips or tricks. (heat settings, etc.)

Anything helps at this point. The material is just so costly to make mistakes on and we have had a bunch of things go wrong.

Current Issues = (Printer stops recognizing that there is material on the printer and stops mid print?, Post heat too hot and causes the material to buckle up causing head strikes, post heat to cool and when the material is rolled up it causing it to become sticky and mottled looking.) We physically hold the material along the post heat process so it doesn't buckle under the print heads. I have heard some folks let it free fall on to the ground, but I don't have the space to run 10ft+ pieces along some cardboard.

I feel I have it dialed in for the best results although they are not optimal. Hoping someone out there has better luck than me!

Current settings:
Platen Gap 1.6
Pre heat= 104f
Platen= 104f
Post= 122f
Media Tension - Lvl 2
Media Suction - Lvl 4
Pressure roller - Med.
Remove Skew - On
Take up - Standard

I would love any and all advice on this material if you have some experience with it! Please feel free to comment.

Thanks in advance!