• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SC30600 INK TRAIL Banding

Schmidt

Hello to all members,

We are having problems with Epson SC30600.

Problems is only with one material (blockout for roll ups).

When printing on these media we get ink trails like on photo. Ink trail is only seen on white - non colored elements.

I tried everything (platen gap, feed adjustment, temperature changes...).

If I lift head (platen gap) up the problem gets worse.

Please help me,

Best regards

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2058.jpg
    IMG_2058.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2056.jpg
    IMG_2056.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 170

Rydaddy

When was the last time you cleaned the print head? Just fishing here, but I would do all maintenance items and test print again.

mpn

a77 is probably right. Check under the head for a piece of lint / hair as well.

Schmidt

Hello,

We clean head almost every day. This is only happening on this material.
Now I set to print uni-directional and it is much better, but still not perfect.

Do you have any other idea?

When I set platen gap to 2.5 I saw pinch rollers in print, so this was really weird for me?

Thank you,

Best regards,

mdjamesd

Hello,

We clean head almost every day. This is only happening on this material.
Now I set to print uni-directional and it is much better, but still not perfect.

Do you have any other idea?

When I set platen gap to 2.5 I saw pinch rollers in print, so this was really weird for me?

Thank you,

Best regards,

If you're seeing pinch roller marks, try loading the media and letting the media coming up to temp. Just before printing, advance the media by about 6 inches, then start printing. When I print on banner, I set the pre-heater to 0 degrees, the platen heater to 30 degrees, and the drying heater to 52 degrees. For retractable banner stands, we hve used Pop-Up from Fellers for years, and have nothing but spectacular results.