• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Equipment Advise

K2

We are upgrading our whole shop soon and was trying to get some advise on what some of you think about your equipment. We are currently using a Roland sp540v and its been a good printer but it seems slow (to me) and it doesnt seem to cut well but maybe I am just asking to much of it, am I? Think we have just out grown it, nothing worse then needing to print and I cant cause im plotting. So I am definately wanting to go printer/plotter separate. Moving up to a 64" would be nice for wraps and a few other projects but worry I will just end up wasting more then I would benefit from it.

Also using a cheap cold laminator so anything would be an upgrade on it but was just wanting your thoughts.

Thoughts appreciated.

We are upgrading our whole shop soon and was trying to get some advise on what some of you think about your equipment. We are currently using a Roland sp540v and its been a good printer but it seems slow (to me) and it doesnt seem to cut well but maybe I am just asking to much of it, am I? Think we have just out grown it, nothing worse then needing to print and I cant cause im plotting. So I am definately wanting to go printer/plotter separate. Moving up to a 64" would be nice for wraps and a few other projects but worry I will just end up wasting more then I would benefit from it.

Also using a cheap cold laminator so anything would be an upgrade on it but was just wanting your thoughts.

Thoughts appreciated.

This territory is covered on a regular basis. There are a multitude of good solvent printers available from Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh, Espon, Seiko, and others. Almost all of the new machines will print faster than your current machine.

If you are looking to move away from solvent ink, then latex machines from HP or Mimaki are (or will soon be in the case of Mimaki) available.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What are the main applications your going to be doing? Is there a certain budget your under for this new equipment?

SameDay Signs

I am a huge fan of Mimaki and they do have a large print and cut machine that prints quickly and nicely. Plus they are complete workhorese who are built greay. Now it does tie up the printer when cutting but you could always buy just a printer and plotter seperatly. I think you can get the new mimaki 63" print and cut for something like $16k new if you look hard enough

K2

I think I want to stay away from the print/cut machines. Ive looked at some of the mimakis and look nice but heck they all look nice. The issue I am having is reading up on them they all feed the same pitch. We do a little bit of everything from wraps to small simple helmet decals, so I need that all around machine. I have more then enough (I think) budget for all three machines and thats $50k. Hopefully will save some and upgrade computer and possibly add another computer. Looking to get the biggest bang for my buck but DO NOT want to sacrifice quality. Tired of working with cheap machines and just making it work, has worked for now but we are doing well so nows the time to do it right.