• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Equipment Lease questions

I have a Hp l25500. This is a great printer for adhesive backed material. And when I bought it I was wanting to start do a lot more wraps. However I ended up printing banners almost everyday because people in this area don't want to spend the money on a wrap. I have tons of issues with this printer and banners. Getting a good print takes a lot of waste do to waves in the print and head strikes happen all the time costing me time and money. I have spoke with local supplier and they have been unable to help. Downloaded profiles, heat settings, and still get problems. I guess what I am wondering is what if I decide to trade this machine in on a solvent printer so the heat doesn't effect the material as much? Or is their just something I am missing with this machine and banners?

Attachments

• banner print.jpg
    banner print.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 100

HulkSmash

I have a Hp l25500. This is a great printer for adhesive backed material. And when I bought it I was wanting to start do a lot more wraps. However I ended up printing banners almost everyday because people in this area don't want to spend the money on a wrap. I have tons of issues with this printer and banners. Getting a good print takes a lot of waste do to waves in the print and head strikes happen all the time costing me time and money. I have spoke with local supplier and they have been unable to help. Downloaded profiles, heat settings, and still get problems. I guess what I am wondering is what if I decide to trade this machine in on a solvent printer so the heat doesn't effect the material as much? Or is their just something I am missing with this machine and banners?

It's your profile. What rip are you using? You need a profile that works. Also try key banner from grimco, prints perfectly for me

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
while i like to help everybody, this is one strange problem to have. so, those waves are random?
1. check to make sure that is black. like 100% black. not 100% of each color. that would be too much ink coverage and pooling would result.
this would make you crank the heat due to drying issues with all that ink, and well, the snake eats the tail, the material can't handle all that heat...
2. is the material you are using legit for the machine? printing on the correct side? (i have to ask.)
3. what print speed are you going at?

what profiles are you printing with? what RIP software are you using?
if anybody wants to answer, we need more input from you!
-Mosher

ONYX I have tried Ultraflex settings, HP front lit settings, Star banner settings. Then I tried using the settings and turning down heat and still not a very good print. The Color does matter, if its solid color I get issues.

Hicalibersigns

We don't do a lot of banners, but the ones we do turn out terrific. We use the Grimco material mentioned. No real issues. HP L25500 and Onyx 10.

PRS Bryan

while i like to help everybody, this is one strange problem to have. so, those waves are random?
1. check to make sure that is black. like 100% black. not 100% of each color. that would be too much ink coverage and pooling would result.
this would make you crank the heat due to drying issues with all that ink, and well, the snake eats the tail, the material can't handle all that heat...
2. is the material you are using legit for the machine? printing on the correct side? (i have to ask.)
3. what print speed are you going at?

what profiles are you printing with? what RIP software are you using?
if anybody wants to answer, we need more input from you!
-Mosher

OK, I have never minded looking stupid.

What is the correct side? Smooth or textured?

studebaker

Deluded Artist
It's a simple fix...

I had this problem, but the simple fix is to pre-unroll the banner from the feed roll. As the Print Feed roller pulls it off the roll, it's pulling too hard. Just have a loop of unrolled material on the feed side and everything will be copacetic. PS Heat settings should turn off the preheat, and the platen on 40c and the post heater on 50c.