• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EstiMate user question

Jean Shimp

Any old EstiMate users here that can help with a recent issue? I am getting a message "Duplicate Index Value. Operation Aborted." When I try to create a new estimate I get this message when I click on the "Customers" tab. The drop down menu is blank instead of showing my list of customers. It seems like my customer list has disappeared. All other functions work in the program. Thanks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I know you can hold the shift key when clicking the top left main menu button and that will make it show an additional menu item, Estimate Health Check. That gives a couple of functions to check the database and whatnot.... Maybe that will help and fix it.

javagod

Manager
I know this has been brought up and am told be to move to different software but has anyone figured out how to load the Estimate software on new PC without the serial number? I still love the software but only have it on one PC as I can't load elsewhere because their server is no longer authenticating .

Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I know this has been brought up and am told be to move to different software but has anyone figured out how to load the Estimate software on new PC without the serial number? I still love the software but only have it on one PC as I can't load elsewhere because their server is no longer authenticating .

Thanks

Not sure if on later versions it works but on v2 we have a Estimate2.lic file they emailed us at one point which goes in the main folder (program files x86/Estimate 2/) that can be copied and pasted into the same folder on a new install and it works. Have to install on the new computer, open it once, then close it down, copy the file and when you open it again its activated.

Jean Shimp

Not sure if on later versions it works but on v2 we have a Estimate2.lic file they emailed us at one point which goes in the main folder (program files x86/Estimate 2/) that can be copied and pasted into the same folder on a new install and it works. Have to install on the new computer, open it once, then close it down, copy the file and when you open it again its activated.
I have been wondering about the same thing. I have EstiMate on a 6 year old computer and would really hate to lose it. That's one of the reasons why I still keep the old computer. For my small business EstiMate works perfectly. I use it every day for creating quotes with customized messages and also the plug in for substrates/materials is a good way to keep the cost of materials updated.