• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Excited about brand new FC8600

Dennis422

Hi trere.
Here is a little bit of bragging (just a bit, it is only a Graphtec cutter) and also a few pointers for a future buyers of Graphtec cutters.

On the picture I have my old CE5000-60 cutter and a brand new FC8600-130. Fist of all what I wanted to say is, if you have money, get the FC series.
Oh my God, what a difference. Not saying that the CE is bad, it is a great cutter for the money, FC is just that much better so you have to say "Oh my God". The controls are much better and the speed is unbelievable.
Also, the difference between Cutting Master 2 and Cutting Master 3 is night and day.
I am a Mac based and I did not have a privilege to install Cutter control software on my Mac and I had to control whatever I could from CM2 after I would send the design from Illustrator.
On CM3, you basically have everything available. You can change presets, adjust speed and force, set haw many passes you want. All together, a huge improvement from the version before.

Also, in case you do not have Illustrator or Corel (If you do not, I do not know what are you doing here :smile: ) the cutter comes with the stand alone design program Graphtec Studio. I installed it and checked it out, not bad, but I'll still stick with Illustrator.

In the end, all together, I'm very satisfied with the purchase. Yes, I could probably go with a different brand that starts with a letter "S", but the budget was tight for that and I think that for the money, no one can beat the Graphtec.

Attachments

• Graphtec.jpg
    Graphtec.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 87