• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Experience with LiYu KCL 2512 flatbed printer

Bitmap

I'm in the market for a UV LED flatbed printer and have come across several interesting options.

One that caught my eye is the LiYu KCXL 2512.

I understand that it can be ordered with either the KM 1024i or Ricoh GEN6 printheads.

Does anyone have any experience with this printer? Price/reliability? Failures/issues? Service?

signheremd

We run a FluidColor UV Flatbed printer (HandTop Chinese printer is the base, some modifications by FluidColor) that uses Ricoh Gen 6 heads and can say they are the bomb! Great resolution and reliability, and easy to maintain. I understand that the Kyrocera heads are better if you are doing museum work, but clog more easily. I am not familiar with LiYu, but many brands of flatbed UV printers work off the Chinese HandTop brand frames. But will say again, the Ricoh Gen 6 heads are really good.

Bitmap

Thanks for your feedback! The GEN6 heads are very stable and produce detailed prints with smaller drop sizes (5pl vs 14pl on KM). However, for our work, the KM heads offer faster printing due to their larger drop size. I've seen high-quality samples from the swissQprint Nyala4 with KM heads that look almost like photographs.

We're also considering Handtop, but we're cautious due to service issues, as they mainly support from Turkey without EU service offices.

Regarding Liyu, Liyu has shown impressive development, with strong products at exhibitions and an expanded service network.. We received a quote of 77,5K EURO for their KCXL model (2.5x1.25m) with 5 KM1024i heads. We're checking if this price is reasonable, given the previous KC model with the same specs was 54K Euro.