• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting files 8.6

Pinfinity

I'm having difficulty in sending a file for digital print. I created the file in flexi 8.6. It is vector art wth a bitmap (pic). The print house is looking for a jpg. The flexi file is 3m, when I try to export as a jpg its freakin enormous. 23 m.

I'm not having much success exporting files from Flexi. Pdf sort of works, but I'm told there may be color shifting issues with this extension.

Does anyone have a preferred method of exporting a file from Flex 8.6 that can be used for reproduction without the loss of color or quality from the original file. I convert to curves, cmyk the image, do nothing with the imported bitmap.

Ive tried eps,psd,ai with not too much success

Thanks for any advise.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
23 MB isn't all that big for a production bitmap image such as a JPG. You might want to use Adobe Photoshop, if you have it, as part of your workflow. Flexi to EPS, open EPS in Photoshop which allows setting of PPI for the vectors, save as JPG if RGB color mode or TIF if CMYK color mode.

Be aware that JPG, although widely used, uses a "lossy" compression which will cause loss of image quality if saved repeatedly. Always save a master file in PSD or TIF which uses lossless compression.