• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting from X5 to Versaworks splits eps

GolfNut

I have sheets of different graphics I am trying to export from Coreldraw! X5 to Versaworks.

This happens with even just one graphic on both computers which have x5 and Versaworks 4.0

The file has a jpg background with vector text on top and the CutContour outline.

When I export the file say named 1.eps when it exports it changes to two files 1-1.eps and 1-2.eps. None of which are usable.

I have searched the net and can find nothing. I have tried all export settings, taken the graphic to photoshop and back as a tif, etc. Don't remember this issue with x4. I know it has something to do with the raster. It is powerclipped but I have tried un power clipped with teh same result.

Any help appreciated....

SoCalN8V

I don't know if this is the problem, but check to make sure the X5 file doesn't have a 2nd page. I've had a similar thing happen with X3 because there were 2 Corel pages instead of 1.

GolfNut

Thanks for the replies. I need to have a cut line so need it to be an eps file. Also only one page. Thanks for the responses...will keep trying

GVP

I've had this happen from time to time - try setting the type to a Postscript 3 file when you create the eps. Incidently, we print and cut from pdf's all the time.

vikcho

Some thing similar had happened with me number of times with corel 12. When ever I export something in format other then .eps (i.e.: .jgeg or .tif) and after that in .eps it happens. But export it again in .eps after the problem have occurred solves the problem for me.
So try to export in .eps again after the failure.
Hope it helps