• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extending text over frame

James Chrimes

Working on a layout for a carved sign and I am thinking of trying something new for me. I am thinking of extending some of the text over the border frame. Just wondering if you think it looks ok or not. I am on the fence with it.

Attachments

• 65 ROSES NEW SIGN.jpg
    65 ROSES NEW SIGN.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 125

iSign

I could see myself liking it... but at first glance I don't... and I figured out why...

I think the whole layout might be just a little too crowded. Won't know till I see it, but the rose looks slightly too big, and the number & lettering below all seem to fill the available space, with almost no negative space. Because of that, the word "Roses" also just looks a bit crowded. Maybe if the layout had more breathing room, I would appreciate the sense of dimension that approach can offer... instead of it just feeling crowded to me.