• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

falcon color striping issue

luggnut

i've seen some threads on this recently and the only answer is heater settings.... i've tried a few different ones and still get this "striping" any others have this and did you cure it.

Attachments

• HPIM0892.JPG
    HPIM0892.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 78
  • HPIM0894.jpg
    HPIM0894.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 58

msenjur

which temperature did u use? i usually have set it to 30-40 celcium... Did material band between rollers?

luggnut

yes between rollers it looks like a very almost invisible buckling in the material causing the print head to be closer to the print between each roller... i think i'm gonna try way lower heat and look into what Flame suggested about heat tape inside the printer ..... anybody (Flame) got some helpful instructions on how to open it up and do this heat tape thing

zgraphics

the tech from signwarehouse told me to set the heater ST: 50 RT: 50
after that it worked great... before my black wasn't drying..

luggnut

when i change to a different media it does do it ... that pic was 3651 and with heat settings at35-37 it does this its between the grit rollers and you can barely see the media is buckling a microscopic amount so the head is printing closer to the media. change to averyEZRS for a wrap print and it doesn't do it even with the heat much higher.

i don't quite understand it, could be this roll of media because i've used a lot of 3651 with a higher heat setting with no issues for the longest time then suddenly this.

Graphics2u

When I had my Falcon Jr i had that problem alot. I always found that lower heat settings worked better. Another thing I did that was reccomended to me either by mutoh or my dealers tech was to change the springs on the back side of the pinch rollers so that there was only one spring in the center of the pinch roller instead of one on each side of it. That did sem to help but I never did figure out what was really the cause. Lowering the heat especially on the rear heater helped the most. Many times I used 30 - 32 on the rear. Somewhere on mutoh's FTP site there is a PDF of reccomended heater settings.