• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FalconOutdoor & Flexi - Blue is NOT Blue

Ghost Prophet

Seems like every color except for blue is coming out fine. The blue is coming out really dark when I print jobs from FlexiSign... However I made the production manager print a blue sample chart and all of those blues look great...

Maybe something wrong with my ICC profile? Already replaced ink and capping station (just needed to be done) on the Falcon. And print heads were replaced last month.

AUTO-FX

i have exactly the same problem . unfortuantely, as I am new to the printing world, i dont know what the real fix is. what i do for a work around is to simply adjust my color on screen and print small scale samples until i achieve the desired result. i'd be interested to know what the solution is, though. Also, having the right media profile is important.

MikePro

aye, that's my workaround as well... using the color mapping on flexi.

permanent fix would be to get the correct profiling setup... usually obtained via your substrate manufacturer's website. I.e. for my Orajet 3551RA I got my profile from Oracal's website. Never hurts to ask them which profile you need for your printer/rip combination... they'll hook you up.
Its almost spot on color, but actual profiling requires a spectrometer and a LOT of time/material.

Ghost Prophet

Can someone who has adjusted their levels for blue in Flexi post what they are to save me some time fiddling with it? Would be much appreciated. Thanks :)