• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite fonts?

myronb

I know this has been done before, but maybe not this way:

1: Your favorite sans serif font

2: Your favorite Serif font

3: Your favorite Display font

I really thought of doing this because I have run out of sans serif fonts. I am tired of Swiss/Helvetica, Arial & I have WAY over-used Futura. What is everybody else using?

Thanks,
Myron

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
sans serif - i usually go for swiss
serif - depends on the sign....i've always love benguiat for some reason, but find that i don't use it very much
display - there are so many that i love, i can think of just one to put here

Shovelhead

sans serif font: LHF American Sans

serif font: Trajan

display font: LHF Tallington

script/calligraphy: A&S Valentino

Chris OBrien

I have become a big fan of Futura from overusing Helvetica, but I also like to use Gill Sans (called "Guess" in my Signlab fonts) because of the variety of weights. Letterhead Fonts has a good one called "Stevens Percepta" that is a bit stylized, but can be used for a lot of things. Also it has several weights, which I think is really critical for proper use.

animenick65

Chris, your like me. I use Gill sans and Futura and sometimes Avant Garde in place of Helvetica as often as possible.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
serif font: Trajan

trajan is the one font i hate the most....mainly cause a local musik festival uses it in the logo, and on almost all of their signage...i deal with that font for the entire month of july....which makes me not want to use it any other time of the year...

Shovelhead

trajan is the one font i hate the most....mainly cause a local musik festival uses it in the logo, and on almost all of their signage...i deal with that font for the entire month of july....which makes me not want to use it any other time of the year...

I've never used it but still think it's a nice looking, but
over-used font.

GK

Serif - Metropolitan (Gareth Hague)
Sans Serif - Luxury Diamond (House Industries)
Display/Deco - Shock & Awe (Virus Fonts)
Script - Burgues Script / Candy Script (Sudtipos)
Grunge - Battery Park (Device)

KR3signguy

Why_Ban_Comic_Sans1.gif

I either use brush script (ALL CAPS) or comic sans only.

Jillbeans

1: Your favorite sans serif font- LHF Chesham Sans or Sign Gothic by Signfonts.com

2: Your favorite Serif font- FHA Signpainter's Devinne, LHF Essendine

3: Your favorite Display font- Bernhard Antique Condensed...maybe.
Jiggy Roman...next on my list to buy.
Or anything on this link:
http://www.p22.com/products/ArtCraftpack.html
or the House Industries stuff, which some day I hope to purchase.
This is too hard, like asking me which type of chocolate I prefer.
Love.....Jill

Richard Flint

Hard to list favorites since all alphabets have their uses, or places where they're appropriate. Then again, there are many out there that will never be of use!

GK

ahhh ic ic -- had me quite confused =), for some reason when you said FHA i didn't think Frank H Atkinson at all....one of those days --- im gonna step away from the computer now =P

EnergyDesign

Whoe needs those font styles....I got Old E and a Caps lock button baby! Throw that in with some Monotype Corsiva and a Chineese plotter, and you got yourself a sign shop baby! WHOO!

Rodi

Berthold Azkindenz Grotesk for Sans
URW Garamond (came with Freehand) 50 or so versions, beautiful
WTC Thaddeus, a great font family which only Castcraft sells one, but it is not as nice as the original (80's).

I used to love all the Photolettering stuff out of the NYC. When designers tried to spec type :), they really did not have a clue.