• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC 7000 - 130 Uneven pressure

Oska

This happens every month or so... not sure why but the cutter applies more weight on one part of the artwork almost ripping through the backer. I have tried rebooting everything and sometimes that solves the problem but it occurs every now and then..

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch.:Canada 2:

Does it happen with any particular media? I have the same cutter but have never had that happen. I would suspect irregularaties in the media (which I have seen before) or check to make sure everything is clean. The only other thing I can think of is static in the air, sometimes that will cause a machine to have power surges, get "confused" and have all kinds of wierd behavior to occur.
Hope you figure it out!

luggnut

i have a signwarehouse q130 a similar machine that is built by graphtec and i had this happen to me... it started like you said and did it only once in a while ,but eventually got to doing it all the time.
i ended up having to send it back to get the small circuit board above the cutter head and some of the cutter head parts replaced. it took a couple of weeks .... i had to buy a old plotter to get by while it was gone. hope you have better luck

Oska

It happens with all media. Static could be a factor... due to winter conditions the heating in the building generates tons of static. Thanks for all your comments, it'll help me troubleshoot the problem.

Hopefully I don't have to replace the circuit board but that is the the most similar scenario of all...

cheers guys.

Oska

Double cuts were my first thought too... but there are none. I actually made up some objects and text for the sake of testing the machine making sure there were no duplicated items.

rdm01

Maybe the cutting strip is worn on one part only, cause more effective cutting
on other parts, leading to cutting through the backer?