• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-8000 FC-8600 How to add Cross cut to Print/Cut Workflow??

methogod

I have both ONXY and Flexi that I can use. Just want to strip cut after each row is cutcontour, is there a setting for this the be defined PerfCut, CutContour, etc...

Never use CM3 or CM4 since we get good cuts from Onyx, but have some small policial stuff and be nice to not have to cut it all by hand.

thezigman

Sign maker near Chicago
you could set up a new condition, I use #8, set the force hard enough to cut all the way through.
When you do the cutting, in production manager, assign the condition you just created to the lines you want to cut all the way through
then assign the cut order.
Always use different colors for contour cutting, and cross cutting so they can be assigned to different conditions.

You could also, in production manager, assign the conditions needed to cut all the way through (without setting up a condition in the plotter itself...

upload_2018-3-18_16-2-52.png

Uncheck the box, then click on edit....
do it for each color.

methogod

That is a good way to ruin your cutting strip..... The FC8000 and FC8600 have a cross cut blade that should be able to do what i am trying to do... just not sure there is a great way to automate it.

thezigman

Sign maker near Chicago
In order to do it "properly" you need to physically move the blade into the other position on the blade holder... Otherwise you'll be cutting on the strip.

methogod

yes I have had limited sucess with perf cutting. Looking to cross cut, there is a separate blade, that is just for cross cutting. Just want to contour cut and cross cut, not perf cut. Some one on this board should know how to do this....

unclebun

I guess getting up after it finishes each plot and manually having it cut off the plot is not an option?

papabud

Lone Wolf
i have always just manually hit the cross cut button. but i know in cutting master there is a command for it, so its possible to send the command to the machine, i dont think onyx has an option for that

FactorDesign

I would just use Flexisign or Cuttingmaster.
We use Onyx to print and CM4 here. Very simple to set up automatic cross cutting. Should be identical in both programs.

upload_2018-3-19_14-28-8.png

methogod

Flexi always seems like more work... When i define CutContour in AI Onyx picks it right up, in Flexi i have to use the EFFECTS - Cut Contour, then set the marks. Hard to do any real volume in it.. unless i am missing something...

FactorDesign

Flexi always seems like more work... When i define CutContour in AI Onyx picks it right up, in Flexi i have to use the EFFECTS - Cut Contour, then set the marks. Hard to do any real volume in it.. unless i am missing something...
The crop mark placement is automatic when printing with flexi. Yes, you need to create the cut path, but how is that different than using illustrator or any other program? The contour cut tool in flexi at least lets you define offset and corner type while you are at it, so that saves some steps. When you go to print, it should generate separate print/cut files unless you are doing an unlaminated print/cut for things like heatpress media.

methogod

has to do with setup, when you have 25 different versions, and you just want to use the cutline that was setup (CutContour) by your designer - its seems like extra steps. Then I always have issues when creating the contour in flexi and N-up the file, seems to only duplicate the cut line not the background...

methogod

having issues cutting in general.. Just installed AI 2017 and cut master 3, to try to narrow it down.

Why would the plot be off so much..
ARMS is working, looks like it start out dead on...

Installing AI 2017 so i can try to use CM3...

Bad Plot.JPG CorrectCut.JPG 2018-03-23 13.11.05.jpg 2018-03-23 13.11.09.jpg