• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC4100 x axis motor toast

SignsInTime

I've got an fc4100 that we bought new and it had given us no trouble at all until someone forgot to release the vinyl before they started rolling up the 50 yard roll...when it hit the end, it jarred the x axis motor (i think) set off an alarm and it hasnt done anything but chirp since. graphtek wants me to pay $1000 just to ship the stupid thing, plus a possible $1000 in parts and labor....that alone puts it out of the "what its worth" category. I finally had one tech tell me it is most likely a simple x axis motor that was easy to change and the part was only $125. but he said it has to be calibrated afterwards.

anyone have any similar stories? any fixes? we just replaced the machine with a 5100-75, but i would really like to have this one operational if possible.