• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000-130 Contour cutting

Rallyboy

I have a Graphtec FC7000 and a Mimaki JV3 Printer using Onyx Software.
When I print my job, it sends the contour cut part to Cut-Server.
The cutter ask to position the blade over the Mark and hit enter.
When I do this the display says Mark Scan Error. I have reset the Graphtec and it still does it. Does anyone have another solution?
Roxy

tbaker

on which crop mark is it erroring out on?

If it errors out on the first to the right, your positioning is incorrect.
If it errors out on the first to the left, you have a skew issue.

Where are you in VA? Drop me a PM and maybe I can help you over the phone

Rallyboy

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check the mark setup.
And yes,this is my first time doing a contour cut.

Bradster941

I think you need need to press ORIGIN 1st on your plotter, then ENTER on your computer screen.

At least that is how Flexi works for me.

Could be wrong.

Bill Modzel

Are you lining the registration mark manually or letting the plotter do it with the ARM system? I can't speak for Onyx but using Cutting Master you manually move the knife to the area within the corner registration mark. You DO NOT hit origin or it will limit the area the knife will reach and it cannot read the registration mark.

Like i said, Onyx may be totally different but if it's similar, this may apply.

d fleming

on which crop mark is it erroring out on?

If it errors out on the first to the right, your positioning is incorrect.
If it errors out on the first to the left, you have a skew issue.

Where are you in VA? Drop me a PM and maybe I can help you over the phone
+1

Bradster941

I have a Graphtec FC7000 and a Mimaki JV3 Printer using Onyx Software.
When I print my job, it sends the contour cut part to Cut-Server.
The cutter ask to position the blade over the Mark and hit enter.
When I do this the display says Mark Scan Error. I have reset the Graphtec and it still does it. Does anyone have another solution?
Roxy

At about 3 1/2 minutes into this video I think will be your answer.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=111

Brandon708

I think the problem is you don't have enough margin from the registration mark to the front and sides of the vinyl. Also it can be that your pinch rollers are to far in and are getting in the way of the registration marks.

nopalito24

Yes, make sure you leave at least .25in of space from the right roller to the mark, same on the left. and at least 3.5in of space from the end of the media to the last 2 marks.
You don't need to enable or change anything on the plotter, everything is controlled by software, move the blade tip to the botton right mark and just leave it there w/ out pressing origin or Enter. send the job and watch the sensor, if you pay attention to what it does you'll notice why is giving you an error.