• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fc7000-130

SignsRus

What do I need to use this plotter to contour cut some decals I want to print on my 64" Mutoh Valuejet?

I'm going to laminate the decals before I contour cut them if that makes any difference

Bigdawg

Just Me
WE have a FC-7000-75. I use Illustrator to do print and cuts. We use Cutting Master 2 to assign the registration when I print, then after we laminate I line up the eye on the first mark and it goes from there... I cut by layer instead of color when doing these.

Are you doing a perf cut with it too?

Disclaimer: I am VERY new to this machine so I could be very wrong :smile:

SignsRus

I will be using Flexi to do the print, laminating then using Flexi once again on the other pc to contour cut.

Can it be done using only Flexi?

Bigdawg

Just Me
I would think... can't help ya' though because I don't know how to assign the registration in Flexi... but I know it can be done.

Sorry!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Simple, assuming you're using Flexi Pro. Which you'd have to be if you're printing with it.

Create the contour in Flexi using either the Effects->Contour or Arrange->Contour menus. The former creates the contour path for you, the latter creates a contour from a path you have created. Either way works just fine. The point being to create a contour known to Flexi.

Send the job to the Rip and Print. Set whatever parameters you need to set, things like registration mark type etc.

When you send the job to the production manager two jobs will be created. One for the printer and one for the plotter.

Print the print job, and then laminate it.

Load the laminated print into the plotter and send the cut job. Follow whatever directions appear vis-a-vis registration.

There you are, the really brief version...

SignsRus

Ya...I think using that method though both the plotter and printed need to be hooked up to the same computer. Cause it needs to create 2 jobs in production manager.

I guess I'll drag the plotter in here for now *sigh&

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Ya...I think using that method though both the plotter and printed need to be hooked up to the same computer. Cause it needs to create 2 jobs in production manager.

I guess I'll drag the plotter in here for now *sigh&

Why not just network the plotter or, failing that, save the cut job on the machine where it was created and import it on the machine that drives the plotter? Just because a job is created on one machine doesn't mean you can't move it and run it on another.

SignsRus

Why not just network the plotter or, failing that, save the cut job on the machine where it was created and import it on the machine that drives the plotter? Just because a job is created on one machine doesn't mean you can't move it and run it on another.

Running Flexi 8 on this machine, and Flexi 7.6 on the other

For now I put the plotter in here. Soon as the current print job finishes I'll give it a try. If it works well I'll worry about networking the plotter or getting a newer version of flexi

Derf

Just one thing! On Flexi 8.1v1 for PC and the FC7000-130

When contour cutting Flexi asks you to position your knife over the mark then hit "origin set" well if you hit "origin set" it will only find the mark 10% of the time. if you don't hit "origin set" it will find it 100% of the time

Now On Flexi 7.7v2 you have got to hit "origin set" or it will never find the mark

This drove me nuts until I finally got Scanvec Amiable to tell me what was up

SignsRus

I got it working with the plotter & printer hooked up to this machine.

Now I need some information on networking the FC7000-130 from it's usual workstation so my print room isn't so crammed =O