• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 cuts skewed

whatsinaname

My FC7000 is in with a new problem (already got a bucket full of it). Since 2 days the cuts are getting skewed randomly..I have attached a picture of what I am talking about..As mentioned, one on the left is the correct one and the right is the skewed one although the original artwork was the same as the left one.

I have already taken out the cut portion and I hv taken pictures of the left over material to highlight the problem.

what could be the issue here ? I have checked the pinch rollers and they are fine.

Attachments

• Graphtec_Cutting_Skewed.jpg
    Graphtec_Cutting_Skewed.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 102

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Difficult to see but it looks like an offset issue.

JP

Offset is the thing most pounced on as a cause of trouble but it's the least likely thing to cause any sort of problem. If it does, the visual evidence is definitive; overshooting or undercutting square corners by a slight amount. That's slight. For the most part offset, once set, doesn't wear or erode to some different value. Even if improperly set the error is minute.

The problem with the sample shown is most likely not offset. Note that the bottom cut swoops down and back up in sort of an exponential curve. Something else is not right here. I would suspect something's loose, worn, or it's software.

Bill Modzel

I disagree on that one. . . . depending on the magnification of the shot. That's definitely
an offset curve. It looks like you cut vinyl using the pen setting with 0 offset.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I disagree on that one. . . . depending on the magnification of the shot. That's definitely
an offset curve. It looks like you cut vinyl using the pen setting with 0 offset.

Really? Do a little fundamental arithmetic. The OP is using a Graphtec FC7000 thus he either has the .09" or the .15" blade. The maximum offset possible can only be half of those numbers, either .045" or .075" max. The actual offset is typcally less than those numbers. Therefore if the offset is set to zero the maximum error is .045" or .075", depending. It's certainly not that swooping curve on the horizontal cut.

SignosaurusRex

FC7000......of what size? Some models were produced with some plastic pulleys that have a tendency to crack and cause random irregular cutting issues. You can remove the two visible screws that hold the right side cover in place and inspect the pulleys and belt. Check the belt for missing or broken teeth as well.

whatsinaname

Its an FC7000MK2-24 .I am using a CB09 holder with a new 60* blade from cleanCut (although this happens even with graphtec 45* blades). BTW I am cutting paint protection film.

And my Offset has been 0 since the day I got my Graphtec. I agree with bob. Offsets are minor adjustments and big deviations like these are out of offset's scope.

gamerxr72

I am not familiar with the FC7000MK2-24 but on our FC7000-160 if I see this cutting defect it is always slippage from the rollers. For me, that is usually caused by having one of the tension tabs on the side rollers flipped up instead of down which causes the material to slip a bit on that side.

Prefeeeding material can also help with this. The backing on the material becomes compressed with the roller pattern and helps keep the material on track.

messmedia

I am not an expert in this matter, nor the user, but, based on simple logic, I'll only put my thought for other to see if that is the problem: Since the sqare on the left is ok, and one, only a centimeter away is not ok, can it be some roller isue, like, it doesn't move the vinyl correctly? Is it deformed, crooked or anything like that?

This mistake, does it start always at the same distance, and, does it repeat itself from that point on, with no good cuts?