• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000-130 Allignment

How do you align the vinyl roll? We use highly reflective material. But to allign it we have been locking the media on the back and pulling it taught, then clamping it down, and unrolling more material. It seems to work the best.

Or is there a bracket that we could bolt to the stand on the machine?

Is there any other way to align material? If so any suggestions would be great!
Oh and pm's would be great.. i hate to go searching for my own forum again.

-jp

Case

How do you align the vinyl roll? We use highly reflective material. But to allign it we have been locking the media on the back and pulling it taught, then clamping it down, and unrolling more material. It seems to work the best.

Or is there a bracket that we could bolt to the stand on the machine?

Is there any other way to align material? If so any suggestions would be great!
Oh and pm's would be great.. i hate to go searching for my own forum again.

-jp

If you don't like to come back to your own forum, go elsewhere to seek help..........sorry to trouble you to read this.............

whatever.......... I was going to attempt to help, you killed it at the end.......

Case

nopalito24

The way your are aligning your ROLL is the best way to go, after that you can use the Pre Feed option that you find in the machines menu under the MEDIA option, the Pre feed function prefeeds the amount of material you will use for the job, by doing this you get to find out if your material is going to track straight before you send the job, and also it will imprint those track marks on the edges of the material so that it can follow them as the machine is cutting.
What I do is I place the pen on the cutting head, and before I get the PreFeed feature started I push down on the pen w/ my finger to make a dot on the vinyl, then after the material comes back I do the same and I look for my pen to land on the same dot. If it does I send my job, if not I realign again. I do 20ft jobs w/ no problems print and cut as well, I walk away from my machine knowing it will not mistrack. I also organize my layers in illustrator so that my machine cuts in order from front to back, or I enable the restrict media movement option in cutting master to do the same.