• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000-130 not cutting through in center

NicKiehl

I just purchased a used FC8000-130 and it seems to be having troubles with the cutting pressure not cutting uniformly across the vinyl. The far right 10-12" cuts great, then as it gets into the center it doesn't seem to cut completely through the vinyl, then starts to get better as it gets towards the left side. All the cut lines are consistent and nothing is shifting, and it doesn't seem to matter what material i have loaded in. Any thoughts? I just ordered a new teflon cutting mat, but i'm not sure if that's the issue or not.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

ikarasu

Sounds like the cutting strip is bad... Usually its the starting side that goes first. Is the strip smooth? Or does it have a bunch of deep cuts / gouges in it?

JulieS

We had a similar problem with our FC-8600. We experimented with inserting the cutting tool into the holder a different way (so it's held down more securely by the C clamp), and that has fixed the problem. Not sure if yours is the same way as ours but thought I'd mention it as something to try. Good luck!