• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fc8000-160 won't cut after print

Hello,

Hopefully one on the genius' on this website can help me. I run a sign shop and we are having troubles with out graphtec fc8000-160 plotter. We print out an image and when the graphtec goes to read the registration marks it gets the first and second one and then stops short of the third mark. It was working for about three weeks and we cut out 2000 stickers no problem. Then this week it seems like we can't get it to work. i know it has to be something easy. Please let me know.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hello,

Hopefully one on the genius' on this website can help me. I run a sign shop and we are having troubles with out graphtec fc8000-160 plotter. We print out an image and when the graphtec goes to read the registration marks it gets the first and second one and then stops short of the third mark. It was working for about three weeks and we cut out 2000 stickers no problem. Then this week it seems like we can't get it to work. i know it has to be something easy. Please let me know.

Did you leave sufficient material at the end of the print so the sensor in the plotter won't be exposed before it gets to the third mark? You need at least 4-5 inches of media after the top registration marks. If you cut it too short, simply tape another piece of media to the trailing edge.

How long is the print? When you get to about 48" long you start to get significant error build up if your printer output compensation is not set accurately, likewise your plotter as well.

Is the media loaded as square to the marks as humanly possible. I don;t know what software you're using but Flexi, previous to version 8, put down really small marks and significantly skewed media would fail. With version 8 the marks are twice as large and the error rate because of skewed media dropped considerably.

Do you have some weird lighting, like the sun coming in a window on the media under the sensor. If so, draw the blinds or move the plotter.

If all else fails, reprint the job using your own registration marks and use the plotter's automatic and/or manual sensing. This never fails. Instructions on using your own marks has been dealt with in excruciating detain in this forum. Do a search. It's something everyone with your flavor of equipment should know how to do.