• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000 worth it?

bigkahuna_305

Looking to purchase a used one for $1200 want it to do perf cut for my printed stickers 8 years old machine don't know if its a good buy or not

bannertime

I think you can get a new machine like a Titan 3 with ARMS for around the same price. *I've never used the Titan or the FC8000*

bigkahuna_305

I'd probably shy away from a plotter with that age to do print/plot operations on. It would depend on how much it was used and how it was kept, but I'd figure on replacing and possibly adding pinch wheels and a cut strip.
I don't think I'd go from a graphtec to a titan... never used a titan though.

yeah i love my graphtec, i drove to alabama the other day from Georgia for a FC8600 what was listed as the 30" model then i get home and get everything cutting nice to realize it was the 24" model now having to drive it back and found a fc8000 for $1000 just wanna be able to perf my stickers without having issues with my SP300V

ikarasu

We run an fc8000... print and cut is perfect. as with any machine... it depends on how it was used and treated. for $1200, thats not a bad price... graphtecs are built like tanks, theyre made to last. print something, bring it to the shop youre buying it from and do a test cut... if it reads accurately and cuts evenly, you're good to go

Bob Thomasson

I’m trying to figure out the advantages of an FC 8600 over an FC8000, other than just being newer. Why are you wanting to upgrade? Are there some specific worthwhile technical improvements?

Thanks,

Bob
Wondering where you scored a used one? I have an 8000 and looking at the 8600 (24 or 30" would be great) but have nothing local (oregon)

ikarasu

8600 has a better arms sensor. It'll read the marks in a faster order... It has some improvements, but the 9000 has way more. I want to swap my 8600 for a 9000 :)

PortlandPrint

The main things for me are that I have a 30" printer and a 24" cutter. So I would like to upgrade to a 30" cutter and I figure may as well get a newer machine.

What the 8600 adds for my use is the ability to put the registration marks inside the printed area. I cannot find out what they call it on the machine, but I currently have to print my registration marks to the outside border. This ends up as wasted space and a smaller print area.

The other thing is the ability to have registration marks made for roll media. I know that is a setting within cutting master to create registration marks for roll media. If I try that with the 8000 it tells me it is not available.

The last thing is I believe a network/ethernet port is default on the 8600 and was an option on the 8000 which mine does not have.

I’m trying to figure out the advantages of an FC 8600 over an FC8000, other than just being newer. Why are you wanting to upgrade? Are there some specific worthwhile technical improvements?

Thanks,

Bob

ikarasu

The main things for me are that I have a 30" printer and a 24" cutter. So I would like to upgrade to a 30" cutter and I figure may as well get a newer machine.

What the 8600 adds for my use is the ability to put the registration marks inside the printed area. I cannot find out what they call it on the machine, but I currently have to print my registration marks to the outside border. This ends up as wasted space and a smaller print area.

The other thing is the ability to have registration marks made for roll media. I know that is a setting within cutting master to create registration marks for roll media. If I try that with the 8000 it tells me it is not available.

The last thing is I believe a network/ethernet port is default on the 8600 and was an option on the 8000 which mine does not have.

I have an 8000, 8600 and 9000. You can create marks on the inside of your print for the 8000 - in illustrator make a rectangle where you want your marks to be and goto cutting master and tell it to convert rectangle.

Im 99% sure it works... Maybe do a small test before wasting a lot of material. Your ma Hine may need a firmware update.

The roll media option.. Are you talking about for barcodes? That's only for the 9000 series.