• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firetrucks and Ambulance Graphics...

bendeane

Is there an industry standard for graphics used on Fire trucks, ambulances, etc.? Anyone have any guidelines for this type of work?
Thanks,
Ben

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Different states and counties have different regulations. There is no national standard. We do so many ambulances here we actually keep a copy of the current SC regulations stapled to the wall to refer to.

Stuff like "there shall be a continuous stripe, of not less than 3" on cab and 6" on patient compartment, to encircle the entire ambulance with the exclusion of the hood panel" and of course it must be reflective.

natedawg9640

It's been our bread and butter for 25 years. PM me if you have questions in particular. -Especially gold leaf lettering and striping, Gold maltese crosses and shields and all that fun stuff.

Tgrayson

I do our ems vehicles. There are federal regulations dealing with letter size and the placement of reflective chevrons & lettering. Google it up and I'm sure you will find it.

TrueAmericanSigns

BTW, very good advice on this thread...as a newbie, what does the standard two color reflective package cost on a police car which includes all sides? Just a ball park figure so that I am not taking a hit or pricing myself out. Both cutting it yourself or if anyone knows a labor rate for installing owner supplied police package. Thanks!

S

SignTech

Yes there are standards. They vary by state, sometimes even county. Check with your local government. Especially PA and New York. The rear of these ambulance have new large complete coverage requirements in the back ... full chevron type decals.

Billct2

From what I understand there are new Federal regs regarding safety markings and even colors.
Here most PDs are going back to black & white and FD are doing the rear chevron package.

WrapperX

BTW, very good advice on this thread...as a newbie, what does the standard two color reflective package cost on a police car which includes all sides? Just a ball park figure so that I am not taking a hit or pricing myself out. Both cutting it yourself or if anyone knows a labor rate for installing owner supplied police package. Thanks!

This is something that you can figure out by knowing your squarefootage cost. Your cost is gonna be different then my cost and their cost. It's about your area of buiness. Your installation is the same. Charge what you need to charge to make your business profitable. There is no set standard on pricing. Look at the rolls of materials, figure out how much you'll use. mark it up to what you want to make on it and take into consideration how much you would charge to put it on. if you are familiar with installations, find a company in your local area that does them and charge the customer accordingly.