• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help First time posting and beginner sign maker

Hello there,
One thing I have found tricky right off the get go making my first sign is how to scale up and scale down. How do i get the right proportions? The sign is 217”w and 36”L and I want to fit the letters inside leaving an equal sized boarder around each letter. Sizing a box inside a box essentially.. I hope that makes sense..
Thanks so much

Johnny Best

What program to do your layout are you using. Make a box of 18'x3' and then type your copy and adjust inside your box leaving the same amount of space top and bottom.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
I'd start by using height/width instead of length/width.
Things can get confusing.

studio 440

Hello there,
One thing I have found tricky right off the get go making my first sign is how to scale up and scale down. How do i get the right proportions? The sign is 217”w and 36”L and I want to fit the letters inside leaving an equal sized boarder around each letter. Sizing a box inside a box essentially.. I hope that makes sense..
Thanks so much
I would sugest you get this book ,Mastering layout by mike stevens on the art of eye appeal