• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fit text to path..on the bottom of a circle???

signmeup

I can fit text to path on the top of a cicle or elipse but how do I fit to the bottom? I want to put words inside an oval sign so that they follow the shape of the oval.(see example) The way I do it now is to cut 1/2 the oval shape out of a rectangle and fit the text to the curved path that results. It's slow and annoying...there must be a better way.

Attachments

• 32TalonDriveSm.jpg
    32TalonDriveSm.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 96

The Sign Dude

draw the circle, click on the text to path T, click and type your text at the bottom of the circle, got to design central and click on the justify tab and select the box with the f and the upside down f in it then hit center justify.

rcook99

Type the text you want to use. Then go to text on the top menu and fit text to path. drag it to the bottom of the oval. It will be upside down but just use your mirror text to adjust it, once you have it from left to right just use the red dot on the bottom left corner to move it inside or outside the circle. You can adjust the Kerning by switching to the shape or node tool and you will see two places to make adjustments on the wording you typed, grab the one on the right side and pull it out to adjust your kerning. I hope this helps you.

rcook99

it is either going to say mirror text or it will look like a folded piece of paper. Mine is next to my angle adjustment in the top center of my tool bar.

signmeup

it is either going to say mirror text or it will look like a folded piece of paper. Mine is next to my angle adjustment in the top center of my tool bar.
Hmmm. That button disappears as soon as I click on the "fit" text. I did find a "place on the other side" button though. It does the trick. The kerning with the node tool is great to have too. Thanks!

rcook99

No problem, I am not sure why your tool disappears. You may want to look around on the top tool bar to make sure it did not just move to another position or change the way it looks.