• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 19 and UJF-3042 CMYKWW (6 cartridges two White)

kehall

Deficiency Debugger
Did a search but didn't find any answer so wondering if anyone has any idea how to configure the Mimaki UJF-3042 (mark 1) printer in Flexi so that it only has 6 cartridges and 5/6 are both White ?

At the moment it seems to think the UJF-3042 has 8 colour channels, and that White is Cartridges 7 and 8 which don't exist. Of course when trying to underprint White e.g. set to Substrate, the printer doesn't like this and ends up printing three odd magenta prints nothing like the output expected.

I've had a look but the only colour mode that has relevance is CMYK / White (but this only has one channel and the printer settings still says White is cartridges 7 and 8). Printing White spot colour works, but only one channel (can't set White to both 5 and 6), however this also defeats the capabilities of the other various underprint options.

Is there a definition file somewhere we can edit to correct this as I've not found anything in the production manager GUI unless I'm missing something obvious?!