• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 7.5 and Importing Illustrator Files

hooksigns

Ok after 14 years I am now switching over from my old Mac LC520 using Rolands SMS (Sign Making System Pro) and Illustrator 5 to an Imac G5 with Flexi 7.5.5 and Illustrator CS. I have been converting my Illustrator files from 5.0 files to Illustrator CS files.

When importing these CS files into Flexi they import but not at the proper size and the file is imported as one object. Constantly changing from the "select tool" arrow to the "select within tool" arrow is a painfull way to manipulate the artwork imported as I have to keep choosing the select within after each click. It is as if the ai file is imported as a group and cannot be ungrouped.

Any advise on importing Illustrator files into Flexi 7.5 would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance --Rob

iSign

Why are you bringing them into Flexi? Just to send cuts? ...if so, I would set up the cut files as needed in Illustrator if that is the program you are more familiar with.

I'm not sure why they group up, & I have little doubt that issue will get resolved, but in the meantime, if you set up cut files in Illustrator... you won't need to ungroup anything in Flexi

gvgraphics

Most AI and EPS files come in grouped. Select the object and then go to arrange-group-ungroup. That will ungroup the objects and let you select them as needed. As for the size issue, I'm not sure.

ColesCreations

Try right clicking on the selected file and "unmask" or "release clipping mask", you may have to do it several times, then you can ungroup as well.

Graphics2u

Why are you changing your ai ver 5 files to CS2? Leave them as v er 5 and they may work better with flexi.

Flexi has a free update ibelieve on the web from 7.5 to 7.6 and it seems to work better with CS2 Files in my opinion.