• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and production manager error

waximoff

Hey everyone. I was sending some plots to the cutter for the 5th or 6th time today and all was smooth sailing. Then on the next cut, the whole computer was locking up. I let it try and work for a good 10 min before i just rebooted the computer.
Now when I have flexi open and go to File > cut/plot , a flexi error box immediately pops up saying "Connection to Production Manager Timeout. Try to connect again?" If I click "yes" another box comes up saying "select a production manager" giving me options with radio buttons of "on this computer" (which I always choose), "on another computer", and ''on the internet address"
Well none are working. If I go to my desktop and click on the production manager icon, the PM will pop up.
So it seems like this would be in Flexi.....

Any ideas??

waximoff

Yes, and restarting the comp. I actually fixed it. It's funny that I came here first before google. I apologize for wasting webspace. I used the same search term in google as I did on here. The number 1 post that came up in google was a thread from signs101. I never did find that thread while searching here but it did contain the fix.

Go into Edit> Preferences > tools then select "rip and print" , uncheck "connect to local production manager using tcp/ip" and it worked!
Not sure why it would all of the sudden change, but I'm not complaining, I can keep on working for now.

signguy 55

Whenever Flexi starts acting funky, go to "Clear Preferences". I have to to this about every 4 or 5 months. Works great one day, next day it won't communicate with the plotter.

You'll have to adjust your preferences like toolbars, autosave, etc. but it fixes whatever is wrong without doing a reinstall.

thewvsignguy

I'll have to try that.

Our production manager has been acting "goofy" for the last 3-4 weeks. No new software, no windows update and no flexi updates have been applied prior to getting our issue.

Flexi 10 has been running fine but over the last 3-4 weeks when we go to rip or cut the production manager pops and say "production manager has disconnected" then another pop up asking how do you want to connect to production manager. I called tech support and their answer was to reload flexi and do the updates. Sooooo I'm just going to wipe the XP pro system and reinstall flexi when I get the chance over the next week or so. I'm going to try the "Clear Preferences" before I go through all that, seems like version 10 is very "buggy".