• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi & Lasers

CES020

Never seen Flexi, so I can't help, but from the laser standpoint, it doesn't care where it comes from, it just has to come in as a "printed" document. Can you print from Flexi or is do you "send" it to a device?

If you print, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. Can you print to a PDF from flexi? If so, you should be able to print from the pdf to the laser.

Basically, if you can print from it to your desktop printer, then the laser should take it fine.

For those with Flexi, and flexi with a laser, what's the issue with it that causes it not to work? (I'm just curious, as I've not seen that question before).

All Signs Inc.

Just got my laser hooked up today and it seems that Flexi does just fine sending the job to the laser control software. The designers at my shop are not big Corel Draw users and just prefer Flexi. It seems to be for the most part working just fine. Once sent from Flexi, it just pops up in the que in the job control software. Anyway, we should know more tomorrow.

Thanks,

cartoad

Installed the Epilog drivers on the design computer where Flexi lives, and did a small job this morning, just selected the epilog from the available printers, did the sets, and sent it, worked fine for us.

CES020

Thanks for trying that guys. Perhaps the problem comes in on vector cutting? Again, never having seen flexi, must less used it, I'm not sure how it handles things. Can you put a hairline around things? Being the hairline is the trigger for vector cutting instead of rastering. If you can do that, I can't see why you couldn't use it.

All Signs Inc.

Yes, you can put hairlines around it and so far it all seem to be working fine. Like CESO20 said, it's just like sending it as a print job.

Thanks,