• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi printing issue

Jason1

Just had the latest version of flexi installed because when nesting 22 images the said images rotated horizontally would not print them the correct size. Now the latest version with the same profile is printing to much ink and it looks like the head is out of alignment and seems to be moving a little slower but not slow mode. I went to flexi 21 with the same profile and it printed the same banner just fine. This is a ultra flex 720x720 profile at 6 pass. Printer is a mimaki jv300 plus

Attachments

• flexi 21.jpg
    flexi 21.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 277
  • latest flexi.jpg
    latest flexi.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 94

AHornback

Sorry Im no help but I updated to Flexi 22 last week to. Now getting red outline around everything. that is printing. and any lettering in art is printing with red outline. UGGGHHH love updates!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I believe Flexi had an issue between versions where they lost the license for a certain RIP process that changed how a lot of profiles work. That might be the cause. Also, just make sure color correction is actually turned on. When Flexi is installed fresh, it defaults to off.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
They have changed the actual core RIP engine several times over the years in different major versions. I know they used to use APPE (Adobe PDF Print Engine), then I think Aurelon, and I think now Mako (Global Graphics). I think that is why between various versions that use different actual core RIP engines that color profiles and whatnot get all screwy and dithers change. Like all of our old profiles used So Diffusion dithering which worked awesome for really smooth solid colors (particularly in lighter shades) and is what we built all of our own custom profiles on. Then in the newer version that dither is not supported (even though I personally think its superior) so the new version offers to convert your profiles. Then everything prints grainy looking. I tried and tried making all new profiles using various other dither methods in v21 and none looked as good as our old profiles. Got tired of fighting it and went back to v12 for now as we just need to get work done for existing clients where we need to match what we did a couple of years ago.

Eventually when I have some extra time and tons of vinyl to waste I'll probably try again.

Jason1

They have changed the actual core RIP engine several times over the years in different major versions. I know they used to use APPE (Adobe PDF Print Engine), then I think Aurelon, and I think now Mako (Global Graphics). I think that is why between various versions that use different actual core RIP engines that color profiles and whatnot get all screwy and dithers change. Like all of our old profiles used So Diffusion dithering which worked awesome for really smooth solid colors (particularly in lighter shades) and is what we built all of our own custom profiles on. Then in the newer version that dither is not supported (even though I personally think its superior) so the new version offers to convert your profiles. Then everything prints grainy looking. I tried and tried making all new profiles using various other dither methods in v21 and none looked as good as our old profiles. Got tired of fighting it and went back to v12 for now as we just need to get work done for existing clients where we need to match what we did a couple of years ago.

Eventually when I have some extra time and tons of vinyl to waste I'll probably try again.
I have done the custom profile thing. It actually prints my 360x360 1 pass with no problem. (just wanted to see what 1 pass looked like..) I have not tried my other created profiles yet. I do have flexi version 21 that has maps for the mimaki that they got rid of in later versions. I just updated from 22.02 to 22.03 and my ultraflex profiles are no good now.

Jason1

I believe Flexi had an issue between versions where they lost the license for a certain RIP process that changed how a lot of profiles work. That might be the cause. Also, just make sure color correction is actually turned on. When Flexi is installed fresh, it defaults to off.
If I am selecting my ultraflex 720x720 profile then it should be color corrected correct?