• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Product Manager

captainron19

Well I was able to find the correct driver for my cutter today after reinstalling Flexi on a new computer but I am having a problem now with product managaer.

When I send something to cut, product manager begins and I eventually get a pop up box that product manager timed out would I like to try again if I click retry the pop up box goes away and then the cut / plot box immediately appears.

Is there something I may be missing in the connection setup to fix this?

captainron19

I have restarted computer - I checked firewall (using the AOL version of security) although Flexi and Program manager were not in my list of programs for permissions I went to add them and received a message that "A rule for this application already exists, please update the existing rule"

I cleared preferences and still happening. I also took note that after I get the production manager opened and if close Flexi, the production manager stays open and I have to close it manually. I seem to remember that on my old PC the prod manager closed with the program.

captainron19

it works by disconnecting from the net and turning off your firewall.

I turned off the firewall and it is still happening. I guess the good thing is, I can still send jobs to the cutter. All I have to do is click on "OK" once it tells me the production manager has timed out and jobs get sent just fine.

signage

Do a search on hear for this same problem, there were setting that had be to made in Norton to get it to work on my old machine. I don't have Nortons on any machine anymore so I can't look to see what they were to tell you, but you had to add them to the firewall to get it to work (something like acc and acp)?

WVB

How is PM connected to your plotter - usb/parallel..?

Try going to production manager/setup properties/communication tab/uncheck check port state before sending...

captainron19

How is PM connected to your plotter - usb/parallel..?

Try going to production manager/setup properties/communication tab/uncheck check port state before sending...

Thanks your post actually triggered something in my mind the first time I installed Flexi AFTER BUYING IT (Just in case the other post was leading toward I had an illegal copy !)

I fixed it via...

edit - preferences - tools - cut plot - uncheck connect to local production manager using tcp/ip

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Thanks your post actually triggered something in my mind the first time I installed Flexi AFTER BUYING IT (Just in case the other post was leading toward I had an illegal copy !)

I wasn't insinuating anything just trying to help you out.:thumb: Many people don't know about the free tech support and that you have to provide a user #.

WVB

You must be using an older version of Flexi.. 7.6v2 has this under tools/rip and print/ connect to local production... This was what I was looking for earlier but could not find it...