• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi question please help

pageturner16

Hi,

I am very new to this and having some issues with Flexisign 7.6 Pro. I am simply trying to cut a bunch of 10.5 inch 8's and cannot get the numbers close together. My plotter is seperating them too far apart and I am wasting so much vinyl. I see the arrange spacing icon but cannot get them closer together? Any advice?

Thanks

iSign

do you use any other programs? Like Adobe Illustrator?

I never do typesetting in Flexi. I always cut items I have set up elsewhere, so I won't have the best advice, but I'm sure someone else will.

I am guessing you are typing out your 8's, and they remain as editable "type" elements, instead of being somehow transformed to a vector graphic, without text editing capabilities. If this is true, I am still sure there are kerning tools to tighten up the spacing in your page layout.

Since I don't know how to steer you to the kerning feature, I wonder if all the 8's are to be identical?

If so, you might benefit from outputting only ONE 8, and then in production manager, you can set your repeats as well as adjusting the spacing between rows or columns of 8's

ova

A couple of ways that I know of are:

1. Cahnge the kerning if you are just typing the 8 as text. This place them closer together.

2. Type your 8s, convert to outlines, move each one as close as you want to each other.

Don't know what cut program you're using, but if it's versa, you'll have to put a contour cut on all the 8s. My production Manager doesn't need a stroke or contour cut.

Hope this helps
Dave

cgsigns_jamie

Also check and see what the panel margin is set to in the Cut/Plot window. The default is .1" so that would add .2" between each "8" even though you've set the panel spacing to 0.

Bradster941

Quick and Easy

Arrange > Step and Repeat

You will be able to set your vertical and horizontal
spacing in the lower section of the box in picture #2

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• step 1.jpg
    step 1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 181
  • step 2.jpg