• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

darrellcarpenay

Recently I installed FLEXI22 to work with my Roland printer, and HP 64 Cutter.

While trying to install and connect the HP64 cutter, first I noticed that it wasn't even connecting to the computer - drivers had to be updated which I managed to get from the SUMMA website (https://www.summa.com/en-us/support/software-firmware/ ___>the USB cutter driver)

The cutter finally connected, but then once the cutter was activated and a job was sent, I got the 'WRITE PORT ERROR'. SAI said it's a communication issue - most likely driver.
If anyone has had this issue and found a solution, please advise. Any other suggestions are welcome.

FrankW

Depends on how the cutter is connected. If it is USB, be shure that the Summa USB-Driver is installed, and USB is selected in Flexi as the Port. If connected over network, be shure that the cutter is correctly configured (valid IP for example), and the IP is configured in Flexi.

You can check the connection too with the Summa Cutter Control-Software.

darrellcarpenay

Depends on how the cutter is connected. If it is USB, be shure that the Summa USB-Driver is installed, and USB is selected in Flexi as the Port. If connected over network, be shure that the cutter is correctly configured (valid IP for example), and the IP is configured in Flexi.

You can check the connection too with the Summa Cutter Control-Software.
Thanks for that info.
The connection is USB.

I tried installing the Summa driver and made some progress. The cutter is connected to the computer, and it's reading to a certain extent in flexi / production manager, however, I still cannot send a cut from Flexi.

I managed to get the media width one time, and I also managed to send a test cut successfully, but for some reason it won't recognize the media width now. Really not sure what's causing the issue. Trying to get media width now is freezing the PM.

amw

Longtime Members
If this is the HP 64 cutter then why are you not going to HP for the driver? I know it is a summa (rebranded) plotter (i have it also) however you should get the HP version IMO.

darrellcarpenay

I'm not finding the HP driver for this cutter anywhere, including HP site. All they have is the cutter control software and firmware for the cutter. I'm not sure if this is a Windows 11 problem. The cutter works fine on my other laptop with PM. Still searching online for solutions.

darrellcarpenay

Found the problem:

Aside from the driver not being installed (SUMMA CUTTER USB X64 PORT 1 V10.0)

I went into the cutter setup properties and the Barcode Server was set to 'start barcode server automatically'
- I checked it off and the cutter is now working.

amw

Longtime Members
Found the problem:

Aside from the driver not being installed (SUMMA CUTTER USB X64 PORT 1 V10.0)

I went into the cutter setup properties and the Barcode Server was set to 'start barcode server automatically'
- I checked it off and the cutter is now working.
Mine shows that is checked. If you use the barcodes then you might need to start it manually (or try checking it again and see if it stays working) to use them. Its great that you got it working though!

darrellcarpenay

Mine shows that is checked. If you use the barcodes then you might need to start it manually (or try checking it again and see if it stays working) to use them. Its great that you got it working though!
That's a good point. I'll try it - at least this is some progress.

• Agree
Reactions: amw