• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi wrongly printing backwards/mirrored on UJF-3042

kehall

Deficiency Debugger
Hi,

For some reason Flexi 19 (build 3350) is printing images 'backwards' when sending the job from Flexi to Production Manager, and on occasion tries to print from the back of the machine, backwards, resulting in an X-motor overcurrent error as it tried to move past the stop, backwards! This is an original Mk1 3042 with firmware 4.20/MRL-III. The image is flipped in the feed/X direction, and therefore appears mirrored. This is on top of the issue with it thinking White is channels 7 and 8 (when there's only 6 ink channels on the 3042 which is still eluding me).

The linearization/profiling workflow jobs printed the correct way round (albeit from the back to front of the table, which I've seen in Rasterlink when putting white down first - and would like to do this but can't underlay white (substrate option) due to the channels 7/8 issue).

Am I missing something obvious or is it just broken, surely this is wrong? :) I know it's an old printer/setup but it's all that's available at the moment and I've come too far with restoration and it all to give up now!

The printer was added as Mimaki, model UJF-3042, so that should be correct, but wonder if choosing 3042FX would be any different (believe also 6 inks)