• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSign 7.5 Mac printing to VP-300

bayviewsignworks

We're looking at buying a VP-300. We have Flexi 7.5. Currently we have a Mac G4 PPC running OS 10.3.9 and a MacPro laptop Intel Core Duo with OS 10.4. We are not sure if we should print/cut directly from Flexi 7.5 to the VP-300 (can we?)? Should we upgrade to Flexi 8.5? Should we load VersaWorks, using BootCamp or VMware Fusion; or Bootcamp to the laptop and and print/cut from VW.

Can we create PDFs out of Flexi 7.5, or 8.5, and send to VW; do we need to if we can cut/print out of Production Manager?

Flexi/Production Manager seems to work fine for our workflow. Can I add profiles to Flexi 7.5 and print directly to the VP-300?

Please don't waste time discussing Mac vs. PC. We prefer the Mac plaform and that's what we have at the moment. We may have to buy PC to run VW but would prefer not to have to worry about PC related issues.

Mainframe

Get a mac mini & load xp & use Versaworks, you can't load windows on th g4 with bootcamp if you use illy to design you will have less color problems & can set cut paths up easier, I recommend using cmyk files, good luck, ps I am not sure if 7.5 will run the vp but I think it might. That would be what to try first if you like it. I am a Mac guy too but I wouldn't want to print on my VP without Versaworks, it just has a nice flow to it & rips files well etc. Good luck

bayviewsignworks

Roland/VP-300 and a mac

Thanks, yeah we're Mac at hearts too. I have the Mac Intel lapper too though and will try VersaWorks/VMware Fusion on that. I'd have to get a monitor too if I get a Mini.

Getting ready to take the plung...

ny thoughts on getting a VP-300 vs. a VP-540? we think it's too big for our little shop (plus the laminator, and our old plotter). I think the 30' will be easier to handle and print.

Mainframe

Buy the 540, & get a big squeegee, if you have a 300, you can't print a 3 foot or a 4 foot banner, I get a lot of those, you have to look at the difference in payment from the 300 to the 540, for just a little more money you can do the bigger stuff & it really won't take up that much more room, there are many shops that wished they had the 54 inch instead of the 30, also you can print a 4x8 decal for the coro signs, big squeegee it down & go, trust me, get the 540 & grow into it, I also use a lot of 30 inch vinyl in mine so you are covered every way, think hard about this - it is a long way back if you find you need the 540

bayviewsignworks

Vp-300/540

Thanks ffor the advice. Unfortunately I don't think we physically have room for a 540 in our shop. We're cool with panaling, for now. We'll just have to educate our customers... Hopefully it will pay for itself, we'll move into bigger digs and then we'll upgrade.

Hey, would you mind telling me your work flow (or anyone else viewing this post), let's say a 4x8 coro board full color (what applications you design in, when/how you create a print/cut file, file type you save/send to VW, color correction issues, proofs, lamination...