• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign Pro

CS-SignSupply

Are you saying that you want the blade to be down only while the cutter is 'pulling' the vinyl towards the front of the machine, rather than also cutting while feeding the vinyl towards the back of the cutter?

I think I understand what you are asking. If so, the answer is no; as far as I know.

What material are you cutting that may require such specific cut methods?

CS-SignSupply

The vinyl cutter should not be "Pulling" vinyl from the roll. It's job is to feed the vinyl forwards and backwards, while the cuthead is moved left to right.

I guess one could say it is always Pushing and Pulling, depends on which side you stand on :)

Pat Whatley

If you're only trying to cut stripes you can do it. You have to draw a line with the pen tool, select it, go to VIEW, PATH DIRECTION, SHOW PATH DIRECTION.

That will give you a little arrow to show the direction it will cut.

Make the line the length you're trying to cut, stack several of them the distance apart needed to make the stripes you need.

Any other shape, as far as I know, you're going to have to cut your cut paths apart with the little scissors tool and assign path directions to the individual pieces.

toodark

Are you saying that you want the blade to be down only while the cutter is 'pulling' the vinyl towards the front of the machine, rather than also cutting while feeding the vinyl towards the back of the cutter?

I think I understand what you are asking. If so, the answer is no; as far as I know.

What material are you cutting that may require such specific cut methods?

Yes I want the blade down only when the plotter is pulling the material to the back of the plotter. I am cutting window film. All of my window tint softwares cut only on the pull and not the push. When you push the film thought it sometimes tends to crease the film.

toodark

When the blde comes down on the media the plotter either pushes or pulls the media while the blade moves to the right or left. I was wanting to know if there was a setting in flexisigne pro so that the blade is only on the media when the plotter is pulling the media throught the plotter while the blade is moving to the left and right to cut the design. I am cutting window film. The film is very thin and sometimes creases when the plotter is pushing the film throught the plotter. I have slowed the plotter down as slow as I can to try to prevent this from happening.

Sign Works

When you say window film do you mean window tint film? Although I have no personal experience with cutting tint film I would venture to say this might be a blade issue, you are not using some el cheapo aftermarket blades are you? I'd recommend genuine Graphtec blades or CleanCut blades, you also might need to experiment with your cutter's settings to achieve cleaner cuts (Force, Speed & Quality).
Or what ProWraps said.

ProWraps

pat. im so sorry to tell you. you are just not "cool" anymore. i still love you, but its a shame. your replys just dont have the effect the used to. :ROFLMAO: :covereyes::ROFLMAO:

toodark

When you say window film do you mean window tint film? Although I have no personal experience with cutting tint film I would venture to say this might be a blade issue, you are not using some el cheapo aftermarket blades are you? I'd recommend genuine Graphtec blades or CleanCut blades, you also might need to experiment with your cutter's settings to achieve cleaner cuts (Force, Speed & Quality).
Or what ProWraps said.

I use nothing but cleancut blades. I know how to cut window tint film. The softwares I have been using, I have been able to use a setting to adjust the plotter to cut on the pull only. That is my question, not weather I can cut tint, I have been doing it for seven years. I wanted to know if there was a setting in Flexi to set the plotter to drop the blade on the pull only.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
for a second there i thought he had you on his ignore list.... i have everyone but three people on my ignore list.... it makes things soooo peaceful

Pretty simple solution...

Bring up your Cut/Plot box
Click on your Advanced tab
select Unidirectional Cutting
select Send or Done

Cutting on the Pull Only has been activated.