• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flip & fold cheer signs?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Is that just coroplast with the center piece being attached with the vinyl?

Could you use some kind of 2-3" tape to hold the center piece on then apply vinyl over it?

jochwat

Graphics Department
You just need a Coro-Cutter (flute cutter), I believe, and only cut down one side of the flute in the middle. Or a properly-set utility knife blade and use caution. Then you can fold it. It's also how some printers ship larger signs at a lower cost, by slitting the one side of the flute and folding in half.

gnubler

I believe it's two pieces of Coro, one 24x18 and one 12x18 that's attached with vinyl, like Stacey mentioned. So the smaller piece can hinge back and forth.
I don't think a Coro-Cutter comes into play here.

I might try it with the bigger piece using 10mm Coro and the smaller hinge piece using 4mm.

gnubler

Well, I'm coming up with a cost HIGHER than that online vendor. The Coro is nothing, but then faced with 3 pcs of printed vinyl my retail comes out around $100 ea, and I'm being generous with shop time. It's basically a 3-sided sign. I want to be gentle since it's for a school, but not sure how to knock 30 bucks off each sign without losing my shirt. I think they want to order a dozen or so.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
that looks interesting and like something I could sell to a couple of schools. Didn't even know this was a thing, so thanks!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Well, I'm coming up with a cost HIGHER than that online vendor. The Coro is nothing, but then faced with 3 pcs of printed vinyl my retail comes out around $100 ea, and I'm being generous with shop time. It's basically a 3-sided sign. I want to be gentle since it's for a school, but not sure how to knock 30 bucks off each sign without losing my shirt. I think they want to order a dozen or so.
Qty... That's why they are asking you. Someone already looked online, and the cost for their piddly qty needed is too high. So the crafty one with a cricut is saying a local sign shop could do it for less. Point them to that website... Explain business, capabilities and an outfit set up to do this, has it figured out, and the price reflects that.

victor bogdanov

in this video you can see how it's made

whole back is covered with vinyl, flip the hinge and cover with another color vinyl

would be easy to knock out on a flatbed laminator

gnubler

Good points, Boudica, thanks.

Victor - I watched that video and the signs my customer is requesting has designs on all 3 faces, not just a solid color. Either way the labor is the same and I can't beat the price of that online vendor.