• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flourescent colors

dakotasignwerks

Is there a color chart for Corel X3 or X4 that depicts good flourescents? I have some hunting banners that need printing and have no idea (unfortunately) where to get those color profiles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks--Randy

dakotasignwerks

obviously not the reply i was hoping for. are there any ways to print them an my mimaki? I have a print that has vibrant fluorescents, but it was from a picture, not a file; so i know the machine can print what i need, just cant seem to get what i need accomplished. Where is the EASY button when ya need it?

thanks for the reply

Flame

obviously not the reply i was hoping for. are there any ways to print them an my mimaki? I have a print that has vibrant fluorescents, but it was from a picture, not a file; so i know the machine can print what i need, just cant seem to get what i need accomplished. Where is the EASY button when ya need it?

thanks for the reply

Dude... no. Fluorescent is not obtainable via cmyk or a solvent-jet printer. Plain and simple, sorry.

Kemble

Gamut rgb-cmyk.jpg

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Is there a color chart for Corel X3 or X4 that depicts good flourescents? I have some hunting banners that need printing and have no idea (unfortunately) where to get those color profiles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks--Randy

Fluorescent colors are not printable with anything except fluorescent inks. These inks, and by extension, paints, are manufactured from particles that are ground to specific wave lengths. It would appear then that they are essentially monochromatic.

That being the case it isn't possible to obtain these colors by mixing conventional pigments of any hue.

It is sometimes said that these colors do not appear in nature. This is generally correct but witness a good sunset sometime. All the warm fluorescent colors are represented from time to time. The greens and the blues are another issue. Most likely these do not appear in nature.

dakotasignwerks

Thamks for all the replys, but there has got to be a way to print fluorescent "looking" colors. I understand the whole color gamut issue, but on a test print, it printed the fluorescent looking colors beautifully. it does not need to be actual fluorescent, only needs to look like the color.

i cant scan in the vinyl swatches and reproduce them, they turn out too white. Sorry if i am rambling but if i wouldnt have seen the machine print these colors, i would have let this one go. i have tried all weekend to reproduce these colors to no avail. anybody got me on this one?

gnatt66

i have the roland color system library and nothing on there even approaches fluro-ish at all.

some pretty decent greens are attainable but orange? not even worth a test print on a cmyk machine.

J Hill Designs

if you have a picture that you printed that has a vibrant fluorescent-esque color in it, open that picture up in photoshop and grab the color with the ink dropper...will get you as close as you can...

MikePro

define flourescant "looking" and you will most likely be directed to using cmykLmLc print setup to get even remotely close. And even then, it's pastel. Only gonna happen with cut neon vinyl, as I stated earlier. Maybe try printing on a flourescant yellow, and tweak your colors accordingly... And print with white ink as well

SignManiac

Staples sells an easy button. I bought one and it didn't work. Ten years ago, Sign Warehouse gave one away with every printer they sold. That's when everybody and their uncles jumped into the sign business. I think it was defective.