• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font help

mameighan

Both fonts please if you can? Can get close but not quite. Looks like a CANVA design

449013290_772156461778274_1213897248484753553_n.jpg

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
The problem with Canva and many other online logo websites is that the customer is not willing to fork over the $ to pay the full version. Canva does allow you to produce a vector version if you pay for the subscription. They go to these sites to get a "preview" or low res version of their logo and then expect you as the provider to recreate the artwork. Either way they end up paying. The only good thing is you don't have to fool around with figuring out the design they like. They have already picked it out and won't be hovering over your computer or require a bunch of proofs until they are satisfied

DarkerKat

design & such
*do with this info what you will* This farm did hire a "logo design company" to make that thing. Whether the client didn't end up paying for it or the designer is incompetent, I'm not sure, but this is apparently "professional design work".

songprinting

The problem with Canva and many other online logo websites is that the customer is not willing to fork over the $ to pay the full version. Canva does allow you to produce a vector version if you pay for the subscription. They go to these sites to get a "preview" or low res version of their logo and then expect you as the provider to recreate the artwork. Either way they end up paying. The only good thing is you don't have to fool around with figuring out the design they like. They have already picked it out and won't be hovering over your computer or require a bunch of proofs until they are satisfied
We have more and more people using Canva and of course, most don't pay for anything. Send us a low res png, no bleeds and expect perfection. I can't tell you how many times I've received a request to print a "postcard" or similar from a file that is either a ridiculously small or ridiculously large - like an odd sized poster or somethig - NOTHING like the size they are asking for!

mameighan

Thanks, we go this one sorted. Of course the feather was a png so had to deal with that as well. I agree on Canva. I have a good real estate client who actually does some decent layouts on Canva but doesn't know anything about vectors, bleeds etc and that 6pt white thin lines font on black background may not read so well when printed so we end up still going back and forth quite a bit

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Actually it is possible to save a vector-based version of Canva documents using the free version. You have to export the document as a "PDF for Print."

songprinting

Actually it is possible to save a vector-based version of Canva documents using the free version. You have to export the document as a "PDF for Print."
Yes but Canva don't give correct bleeds and crops. Just "throw them in" - can't technically correctly save with crops and bleeds if the file isn't designed that way. It's a workaround.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I see that but it only works with the free layout designs. The ones with the $ allow you to edit but not save a pdf for print, and the ones marked Pro won't even allow you to edit the design. Unless I am missing it somewhere. The $ category files are watermarked images when I have tried this before.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I didn't know that about their clip art. The times I've been forced to mess around with Canva usually involved creating some type objects or creating/editing other non-stock objects and then generating a PDF of the results. Some of the fonts people use in Canva are unique to that application. The premium versions of Canva have a pretty expansive library of fonts (thanks to a deal made with Monotype, who should probably change their name to Monopoly-type).