• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID please

Silver Star DC

Hey everybody. Can someone please help me identify this font please?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 68

Silver Star DC

Nobody???
I know the picture is not that great and I apologize.
I have found a couple that is kind of close, but not
that exact font.

Silver Star DC

Anybody have any luck yet? I have now gone through about 10,000 fonts, multiple font identification sites, and forums.
I am no closer now than I was this morning. The customer doesn't have the artwork and has no idea what the font is.
I don't know what else to do. :banghead:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Have you considered redrawing the letters. There are only 10. It would take around 1 to 2 hours for a high quality hand trace ... which is probably less than you've already put into trying to ID it.

Silver Star DC

Thanks for the reply Fred.
After taking a closer look at the customers sign...that looks like what was done in the previously.
There are very few sharp corners, some of the curves have jagged places in them, and its not very
clean at all. I could do a trace off of a photo, but i will be reproducing the same garbled image as
the previous sign maker. I would feel better knowing that I tried to replicate their artwork by spending
the time to find the font. I may be wrong by doing this, but it makes me feel better.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks for the reply Fred.
After taking a closer look at the customers sign...that looks like what was done in the previously.
There are very few sharp corners, some of the curves have jagged places in them, and its not very
clean at all. I could do a trace off of a photo, but i will be reproducing the same garbled image as
the previous sign maker. I would feel better knowing that I tried to replicate their artwork by spending
the time to find the font. I may be wrong by doing this, but it makes me feel better.

To be clear ... I never suggested an auto trace. The only way, without the original font, to deliver a quality product IMO would be to hand trace the glyphs with a Bezier pen tool.

Silver Star DC

I understood what you meant. But I will still be producing a trace of not so great trace.
I went to the customers location and took a better picture of the sign. Have a look at
it..maybe I am over thinking this.

Attachments

• 20140113_180027.jpg
    20140113_180027.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 50

Biker Scout

Well, it's not like I can see the letters very clearly... but have you tried re-drawing a few, then running it through one of those font finder apps?

I mean, mine's not all that great, but this T literally took me 60 seconds based off an existing serif font.

Edit: My post was based on seeing the first low res sign and not this better picture you just uploaded. Yeah, I could totally re-draw that now that I can see it's got a drop shadow applied.

Attachments

• T.png
    T.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 49

Silver Star DC

I have run this through every font identifier site that google brought up.
I know it can be redrawn, but I would prefer the actual font. Just in case
they decide to use the same font for different advertising.

threeputt

I have run this through every font identifier site that google brought up.
I know it can be redrawn, but I would prefer the actual font. Just in case
they decide to use the same font for different advertising.

I may be way out of line here, but I would not even try to find that font. Show the client something better. Both in the sign's layout and in the font. That thing is so dated looking. And the over-sized T, what's that?

I find that sign to be so far from an inspired, sharp look it's not even funny.

If you truly do want to replicate it, (or nearly so) I'd find a font with similar characteristics. (height to width ratio, stroke width, etc.) Then I'd create that little "swash" and copy it. Set all your type and throw on the swash on certain, particular letters.

My 2 cents.

Silver Star DC

I may be way out of line here, but I would not even try to find that font. Show the client something better. Both in the sign's layout and in the font. That thing is so dated looking. And the over-sized T, what's that?

I find that sign to be so far from an inspired, sharp look it's not even funny.

If you truly do want to replicate it, (or nearly so) I'd find a font with similar characteristics. (height to width ratio, stroke width, etc.) Then I'd create that little "swash" and copy it. Set all your type and throw on the swash on certain, particular letters.

My 2 cents.

You are not out of line by any means. I appreciate any and all advice I receive here, and thanks for your reply. I haven't even thought about trying to do something different.
The only reason I have been trying to replicate the existing sign is because an employee that works for them is the one that contacted me about doing the work. They are wanting
me to make them some shirts and magnets as a surprise. But maybe I can come up with something better and after the business owner sees it, it may open the door for more business.

Z SIGNS

Nice font.

I wonder how the egyptians would have reproduced this beautiful piece of art.

Good luck in finding your font.

If all else fails you could hire a sign or graphic artist to do the job.

jen.reelez

Nice font.

I wonder how the egyptians would have reproduced this beautiful piece of art.

Good luck in finding your font.
Agree with you
If all else fails you could hire a sign or graphic artist to do the job.

Right. :smile:
Can't recognize what font is this, too. :omg:
Once a sign/graphic artist is hired,work can move on :Big Laugh