• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font issues with Windows 10 Microsoft updates, Gold Metallic

SgnGal

Hi--I saw a thread from 2012 on font issues with Microsoft updates and wondered if anyone has run into this in 2024? If so, what did you to do fix it?

Also, any suggestions on the longest life Gold Metallic for outdoor use? 3M? I've used another supplier's Sliver & Gold Met on boats and it just doesn't hold up well even over a couple seasons & I am in Cleveland, OH so boats are in storage half the year here.

Thank you for any help or input!

unclebun

I haven't ever had anything happen to fonts from a Windows update. However I believe with Office updates there are some fonts that can come and go. I suppose the same could happen with the tiny handful of fonts that come with Windows as well.

We use 3M 7125 Satin Aluminum for metallic silver and Avery 950 for all other metallic colors. We're in Missouri and do tons of boat names and license numbers and have not seen poor durability.

WildWestDesigns

However I believe with Office updates there are some fonts that can come and go. I suppose the same could happen with the tiny handful of fonts that come with Windows as well.
With everything as SaaS and always on the latest and "greatest", this is perhaps the way of the world now on those systems. Same thing could happen with the fonts that are apart of Adobe's subscription library, if the OP has that as well.

I don't know exactly what issue you are referencing from 2012 though, so I don't know if it's fonts going missing or maybe a display issue or something else. I couldn't find a link in the OP to see what the issue was/is.

unclebun

With everything as SaaS and always on the latest and "greatest", this is perhaps the way of the world now on those systems. Same thing could happen with the fonts that are apart of Adobe's subscription library, if the OP has that as well.
It does happen with the Adobe fonts. One day they're just gone. Some of the time you have to go in and reinstall them. Other times the font has been removed.