• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Poster

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Just wondering if there is a way to quickly print out a font poster like the one that came with my Signlab 9 software. The poster has been used and abused and I don't have the time to type out a sample of every font to make one.

In my heart I know there is no quick fix for this but I thought just maybe....?

I like to have something handy for that customer that likes to hem and haw over each font. I will sit them down with the poster in the showroom and they can ponder to their hearts content while I get some work done then I do my best to steer them in a reasonable direction!

Any great ideas that you have come up with are great to hear about too!

d fleming

Call cadlink, get another, laminate it and hang on wall. Mine is probably fifteen years old and still looks fine. Not an accurate representation of my entire font library by any means but plenty for a soccer mom to ooh and ah over.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I find it's beneficial to narrow down the list you show your customers and categorize them; San Serif, Serif, Script, Decorative... All you really need is about 30 - 50 fonts with some variations like, bold, narrow, and extended. Add a size chart and you have an all around sales tool.

If you show them 6000 or more fonts you will increase the time it takes them to make a decision.