• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford Transit Connect (the new baby sprinter)

Jesse_gvi

Anyone know how to remove the rear wipers on these things? We've got a client who bought 2 out of their 4 Transits with rear windows and wipers (whatever was on the lot), but wants the wipers gone. We've got the nut off, but the wiper arm doesn't come off easily and we don't want to damage it. We can't tell if it's threaded or if you just pull.

The most info I can find online is "Remove the wiper from the wiper post."

Jesse_gvi

We finally got a dealership to fax us the info. It does just come straight off, but you need to use a 2-jaw puller, or what we call "2 pliers and a scrap of plex."

Attachments

• Ford_Transit_rearwiper.png
    Ford_Transit_rearwiper.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 138

WOODBS

Anyone know how to remove the rear wipers on these things? We've got a client who bought 2 out of their 4 Transits with rear windows and wipers (whatever was on the lot), but wants the wipers gone. We've got the nut off, but the wiper arm doesn't come off easily and we don't want to damage it. We can't tell if it's threaded or if you just pull.

The most info I can find online is "Remove the wiper from the wiper post."

Hammer the end of the screw part while pulling...

WOODBS

How do you get the door handles and locks off? Also did you prime the crap out of the body molding ..normally we dont wrap textured plastic..

k6media

Hey woods. Zero primer anymore. We have switched from 3m to Avery mpi 1005. It's a lot more comformable. Also no need for the primer.. Primer is basically an afterthought in my opinion to make up for the fact that the product isn't as good as it needs to be just yet. I would recommend trying the Avery...... Seriously.

Haakon

Just a little update from me, I posted this design earlier in this thread, the client went for the design with a few small modifications:

attachment.php

I did 3 Transit Connects, and a regular Transit Sport. Today I took a couple of pics since one of the Connects was in my drive when I finished up their 2011 Volvo FH truck (this is a construction company). Sadly their cars gets dirty almost instantly after washing them, driving round on construction sites all day.

All vinyl is reflective Oralite 5600E series.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also some pics of the truck, the yellow stripe design element is carried over to all their vehicles:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg