• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fresh start...basic profiles...

Impact Image

Working with a SP300 running Colorip.

I've started fresh with everything trying to fix the banding issue. It is not the heads, I have new cap top and dampers (they were due anyway). Test patterns are fine with the exception of the fill pattern. I'm trying to adjust the calibration as I think it may be a feed issue but you have to be a Korean physicist to do so with the equation out of the service manual. What calibration setting are you all using? Do you let the RIP handle it or the printer?

I've deleted and reinstalled both the printer and Colorip software and want to start over.

Anybody got a good starting point? I've downloaded the ICC profiles for the Oracal 3651 but it's laying down a ridiculous amount of ink and the prints are too dark.

I'm going crazy here. And before anybody recommends a trained professional look at it I have an electronics background.

PLUS....the Roland tech that I was referred to BY ROLAND never returned my call or email.

Thanks again.