• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Friday giggles

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just had 'friend' of mine who "prints t-shirt tranfers" ask me for urgent help with his ink jet printer. He can't get it to print teal, keeps coming out blue. I suggested he match the color up with the closest Pantone color then get the CMYK formulation to enter into his color mixer - start with that. He has no idea what I am talking about. Pantone? CMYK? HUH? He doesn't even know what program he is using. Not much I can do to help.

Have a great weekend everyone, it's raining here but I'm still planning to head to the park for German Days after work. Johnsonville Bratwurst, beer and the Jerry Schneider Polka Band!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Sounds like the same type of person that says "what file do you want pdf, eps, etc?" Then you think, wow, this might be easy, and then you get the file. It's just a jpeg saved inside an eps that ends up being like three times the size it needs to be.

I had that the other day. Customer supplied a PDF of a jpg. The file was 1.7GB. Yes, GB. For a 1’ x 1’ sign. Worst part about it, was it was just a blue background with white writing, and it was still pixelated. He’d saved a low res jpg at 2400dpi or something thinking that would save it.

Hello! I’m new to here. Niche is putting names on boats- learned from my father as a child.
So customer smashed his fancy yellow hull boat + w/o knowing if insurance will total it, has bought smaller used flag blue boat (Hinkley40). He wants to use it on the Fourth of July and he wants it yellow with his name on it. I was to have 2day window (yeah,right) to letter. Yesterday’s call: yard doesn’t have time to spray yellow by then but he wants his name on it as he uses it on the 4th. So I’m to letter it now and then again about a week after the holiday. I’m smiling.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
One thing I miss about living in Ohio is all the German heritage. Haven't had a decent Bratwurst in years! Have fun!

OADesign

Sounds like the same type of person that says "what file do you want pdf, eps, etc?" Then you think, wow, this might be easy, and then you get the file. It's just a jpeg saved inside an eps that ends up being like three times the size it needs to be.

At least you get more pixels than you need. I often get the same, but the image embedded in the .eps or .pdf is like the 12kb company logo from their email signature.

bannertime

At least you get more pixels than you need. I often get the same, but the image embedded in the .eps or .pdf is like the 12kb company logo from their email signature.

Oh no, that's exactly what it is, but they scale it up to size and scale the DPI to 1200 somehow.

binki

Your friend needs a Pantone Bridge Book, about $120, to match the colors. He probably needs the right ICC profile for the printer/software as well. Having the right tools makes a big difference.

fixtureman

You must be talking about Bucyrus. Loved it when I installed the signs in the CVS there during the bratwurst festival