• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Front cover fell now no power

benski

It’s been a busy month with issues can’t seem to get on track. I dropped the front cover on my rj900x and the power went out. Cannot turn machine on anymore. I unplugged it over night and still nothing, as awhile back had a similar incident with losing power but was able to restart after unplugging it. . Did I damage my power or main board and is there anybody out there that can trouble shoot this?

sulu00

Assuming you have some knowledge and experience in electrical measurements you might be able to troubleshoot at least main power, main fuse, power switch and AC/DC unit (check voltage in wall socket, at the end of the main cable, right inside the machine an power board, before and after fuse and on output capacitors of the DC unit). If you don't know much about electricity I strongly discourage touching this. AC power can be tricky and very dangerous

benski

Assuming you have some knowledge and experience in electrical measurements you might be able to troubleshoot at least main power, main fuse, power switch and AC/DC unit (check voltage in wall socket, at the end of the main cable, right inside the machine an power board, before and after fuse and on output capacitors of the DC unit). If you don't know much about electricity I strongly discourage touching this. AC power can be tricky and very dangerous
hey
Yes , I have decent knowledge of it. I checked all the fuses on the main board and they all good. I have 120 volts coming to printer and main fuse. Main fuse is ok too. The first cable connector to power board is providing 120 volts. But onward of power board is my issue I think. On the power board. Can you help me understand "output capacitors of the DC unit"? Which is the DC unit? If I could understand the most likely failure of the power board. I see caps, resisters, transistors. Few other components I dont recognize. My front printer cover fell from my fingers and the impact caused it to short or power off.