• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.FS file extension, what is it?

chopper

I had a customer give me a file that I cannot open it is from a web site the file extension is .FS I do not think it is a flexi file but I cannot get it to open,
tried signlab, photoshop, illistaror, corel, anyone know what it is?
//chopper

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The FlexiSign file opened with no difficulty in my version 8.5.1. It contained three bitmap images placed on a single page with no vectors. I have exported out of Flexi and opened in Photoshop where I saved each image separately at the resolution it opened at as CMYK TIF files.

They are now on their way back to you.

chopper

I guess that it may be a newer version flexi file that my sign lab wont open,
Thanks Fred greatly appreciated, if I get more would you be interested in converting them?
thanks,//chopper

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I guess that it may be a newer version flexi file that my sign lab wont open,
Thanks Fred greatly appreciated, if I get more would you be interested in converting them?
thanks,//chopper

Sure but for a fee based on the time it takes. You would be better off to just tell those supplying you to send it in a common file format appropriate for the file instead of trying to somehow make it a sign making file.

chopper

Sure but for a fee based on the time it takes. You would be better off to just tell those supplying you to send it in a common file format appropriate for the file instead of trying to somehow make it a sign making file.
I don't have a problem paying, and you know how it goes when you get a customer who doesn't know what is going on, and I have no idea how they ended up with flexi files?
Thanks Fred//chopper

Matthew Scher

Signlab reversed engineered the file format for Flexi 5.x only. Flexi 6, 7 and 8 files cannot be opened in SignLab - plus one side effect of reverse engineering is that the file may not come in 100% (for example some border types may be swapped, or color modes may change).

Flexi 5 was last released 11 years ago, so not a very useful format anyway. If you can, export that file to EPS or PDF and you should be able to import that into any application.

Dave67

Ve lxi

I bought a Vinyl Express r series cutter almost a few years ago. When I saved a file it would save as .VE. I just bought a new R series cutter that came with a newer version of LXI (no dongle, cloud-based). Oddly enough it now saves with an .FS file extension.

I'm assuming it's for Flexi Sign (which I believe LXI is based off).

It's odd they would change the format but fortunately I can still cut the tons of .VE files with the new version.
Would have really sucked if I couldn't...